NOTICE OF LEGAL TERMS OF ACCESS, PRIVACY STATEMENT AND RESERVATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
While Penguin International Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to herein as “the Group”, “we”, “us”, “our”) have taken all practicable steps to ensure that information contained on this website is accurate and complete in relation to the Group, its business activities and its products and services, the aforementioned information is provided strictly in good faith and on an “as-is” basis. Neither the Group, its directors, employees nor agents shall warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained therein.
If you should rely on any information contained on this website, your decision to do so is based solely on your own judgment. The Group does not hold itself nor its directors, employees or agents responsible in respect to the use of any information contained on this website.
Your privacy matters to us. This section provides specific details on how we treat any information that you provide us when you visit our website.
Your access to or use of our website indicates your acceptance of these terms.
Changes in Information
We may from time to time change the contents on this website without giving any prior notice to you. Consequently, this Terms and Conditions of Use Statement may change from time to time. Your continued access to or use of our website means that you agree to and accept the changes made on this website from time to time. You may wish to periodically review this Terms and Conditions of Use Statement for changes.
Copyright and Trademarks
The Group owns all trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this website. You are not to use such material, which are the sole and exclusive intellectual property of the Group, in any shape or form without the prior written consent of the Group.
The materials on this website are protected by intellectual property laws. No part of such materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in retrieval systems, transmitted by any means, copied, distributed, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the prior written consent of the Group.
Personal Data Confidentiality
The Group’s Data Protection Policy outlines how your personal data will be managed in accordance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
1 Your Personal Data
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and any other information that we have or are likely to have access to. Examples of Personal Data include:
- Your name, NRIC, passport, or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms which you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Your employment history, education background and salary.
Please note that the Data Protection Provisions do not apply to business contact information. Business contact information is defined in the PDPA as “an individual’s name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business electronic mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about the individual, not provided by the individual solely for his personal purposes”.
2 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, the Group may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you register with us for an account;
- When you access our website and perform any enquiry;
- When you submit your personal particulars to us in relation to your application for a job, whether in response to an online recruitment advertisement or unsolicited;
- When you respond to our request for any additional Personal Data;
- When you request that we contact you or respond to an enquiry from you;
- When you interact with any of our employees;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
3 Purposes for the Collection, Use and/or Disclosure of your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, the Group may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Accessing and processing any applications or requests made by you for products or services offered by the Group;
- Communicating with you to inform you of any changes or updates to our policies, terms and conditions or any other administrative information,
for the purposes of servicing you in relation to products or services offered by us to you;
- Administering, maintaining, managing and operating the products or services offered by us to you, including government-sponsored programmes;
- Verification of your identity for the purpose of providing you with our products or services;
- Responding to your queries, requests or feedback;
- Conducting market research for statistical profiling and other purposes to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics
in order for us to review, develop and improve our products or services which we are providing to you (including without limitation to ensure
that the products and services offered are relevant to you);
- Conducting financial reporting and analysis related to our business operations;
- Managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Archival of documents and records in both electronic and physical form for record keeping purposes;
- Maintaining records of customer instructions, whether through phone recordings, hard copy documents, soft copy documents or instructions
given via electronic or other means;
- Facilitating the verification and checks of your Personal Data in order to provide you with our products or services which you have requested;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and any form of financial crime, and analysing and managing other commercial risks;
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products or services that you have requested.
Where personal data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (or, in the case of situations where you, as a representative of your company or organisation, are submitting the personal data of individuals as part of the disclosures by the company or organisation to us), you shall represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents (procured in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including without limitation the PDPA, for such purposes stated in the relevant sections of this Data Protection Policy) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to us for the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, as set out in this Data Protection Policy,
you may contact us via email at email@example.com.
Upon receipt of your withdrawal, our Data Protection Office will send you an acknowledgement within 10 working days to inform you of the effective date of the withdrawal. Until such effective date, your consent is deemed to be valid. Please contact us again if you do not receive an acknowledgement from us after 10 working days. Working days refer to Mondays to Fridays, with exclusion of gazetted Singapore Public Holidays and official non-working days determined by the Group.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to provide our products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship with you. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any existing agreements you may have with us. The Group’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may request access to or make amendments to your Personal Data records, but Group reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request.
Please submit your request to our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our
Data Protection Policies and Practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com.